Things You Don’t Know About Me
My lovely gal Katie tagged me to answer these 73 questions a while ago and since I wanted to share a little bit more about myself anyway, this was the perfect opportunity to bring you today’s post.
1. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this month?
To be perfectly honest with you guys, I had a pretty shite month and I can’t really think of anything good that happened. Maybe I’m being too negative or maybe this month just really sucks..
Ok, I thought about it and a very important friend of mine who lives quite far away visited and I got do see her more this month than I saw her the past year which was very nice to be honest.
2. What’s the best thing that has happened to you this year?
Getting into blogging and meeting some of the nicest people on- and offline and even making some friends through it!
3. What’s the best thing ever?
The seaside. There’s nothing that makes me happier than taking a long morning walk on the beach and simply listening to the sound of the waves.
4. What’s your favourite season?
Autumn and winter. I’m so excited for all the dark reds and cozy knits.
5. What’s your favourite holiday?
Christmas. I love everything about it, especially coming up with presents for everyone and the food of course!
6. Would you ever live in a big city?
I currently live in Cologne in Germany which kind of is a big city but doesn’t feel like it too much. But I love big cities as long as there’s a possibility to escape sometimes..
7. What’s your favourite ice cream?
Mint chocolate chip.
8. Do you untie your shoes when you take them off?
Not, if I don’t have to. But I always regret it when I have to do it later before putting them on again.
9. What’s your favourite dessert?
I’m so spoilt when it comes to food as my bf is a chef and makes the best desserts ever and we also like to go out and eat at fancy restaurants where we’ve eaten some really delicious desserts, too. I couldn’t possibly choose a favourite..
But if it had to be something I could make myself it would be some kind of cake, probably a cheesecake..
10. Cake or Pie?
Both and plenty please.
11. What’s your least favourite food?
It really depends on how the food is made tbh, I ate some meals with ingredients I never thought I would like and was surprised how yummy they were.
12. What’s your favourite condiment?
vanilla, cinnamon, saffron, curcuma… I have so many
13. It’s brunch, what do you eat?
I order everything on the menu and share with my friends!
14. What’s your favourite colour?
Black, blue, red
15. What colour dress did you wear to your prom?
It was a black 50s style petticoat dress.
16. Blow dry or air dry?
I blow dry for 3 minutes and then lose interest.
17. Do you think you’re strong?
I think most people would probably say I am but I don’t feel strong at the moment. I’m working on getting there though.
18. Who’s a person you’d love to have coffee with?
All of my blogging gals…
19. When was the last time you cried?
20. Who’s the last person you texted?
A friend of mine who moved to Amsterdam put is back in Cologne today apparently.
21. Twitter or Instagram?
Twitter. I love how easy it is to connect with people there.
22. Who should everyone follow right now?
My absolute faves are Victoria from IntheFrow
, Em from Emtalks
and I couldn’t not follow Carly Rowena
for fitness and general life motivation, she’s so amazing with everything she does! Also Maria
is killing it at the moment, you should definitely check her out!
23. Have you ever had anything stolen from you?
Metaphorically maybe, but that’s a whole other story.
24. Favourite country you visited?
I love the UK and France
25. Last country you visited?
26. Country you wish to visit?
I really crave Barcelona at the moment so Spain and it looks like we’re going there in April! But I have a whole blog post on where I wanna travel here
27. First pet?
A turtle that I named Lily but then it turned out that Lily was male but I didn’t really care about gender and loved Lily the male turtle to bits.
28. Favourite Disney animal?
The horse from sleeping beauty and the horse from tangled.
29. What are you doing tomorrow?
Work work work work
30. What are you most excited about in life right now?
I’m very excited that autumn is finally here.
31. What book are you reading right now?
I just started “mad gir” by Bryony Gordon. And I finished “Good me, bad me” by Ali Land which I highly recommend!
32. A book you read because everyone else was reading it?
None. I was always the one who read a book, totally hyped it, told everyone about it and got laughed at for it and then 6 month later everyone started reading it and I was like “Are you f** kidding me?!? I told you about this ages ago..”
33. What are you completely bored of right now?
34. What’s your favourite beverage?
Water, tea, coffee, wine, whiskey, gin, different juices, the list goes on…
35. What’s your favourite cocktail?
Dry Martini..with gin, not vodka.
36. What would you order at a McDonald’s drive thru?
Chicken Nugget Meal with additional Big Mac or Cheese Burger
37. What’s one thing you still have from your childhood?
My boyfriends charming answer to this was: “You’ve got a screw loose..”
38. What’s your favourite current TV show?
Grey’s Anatomy, Suits, Hannibal & GoT
39. What’s a movie that made you cry?
I cry at so many movies, it’s ridiculous.
40. What do you miss the most?
41. What’s something you can’t do?
The charming boyfriend again: cleaning
My mothers addition: cooking
…gotta love these people
42. What are your nicknames?
My boyfriend calls me eşek which means donkey in Turkish and isn’t a nice thing to say. 😀
43. What makes you laugh a lot?
Myself…I’m seriously hilarious…sometimes..
44. Heels or flats?
Heeled boots. Currently on the hunt for some flat boots though..
45. What’s the most adventurous thing you’ve done?
I’ve done some crazy stuff in the past that I’m not too proud of but since then travelling to London on my own was pretty adventurous for me.
46. What’s one thing you wanted to do but been scared of?
Showing my face online.. but I’ll get there I think..
47. What’s the thing your most proud of?
I’m so proud of seeing people I love going after their dreams and getting what they want in life.
48. What did you want to do with your life at age 5?
I wanted to become an actress I think..
49. Dogs or Cats?
50. What’s the most important thing someone can learn?
To accept people how they are and not expect from them to be at the same stage in life as yourself. Don’t judge others if you don’t know what’s going on in their lifes.
51. Bath or Shower?
Depends on my mood sometimes I really need a shower to calm down and get my thoughts sorted but a bath is more to relax and treat myself.
52. Mountain hideaway or beach house?
Beach house as there’s nothing that calms and comforts me more than the ocean.
53. What’s your favourite scented candle?
I really like the idea of scented candles but haven’t really found one that I really like.. I get a headache from intense scents so easily.
54. If you could spend 3 months anyway, where would it be?
The UK.. I would love to do a semester abroad there..
55. Are you messy or neat?
I’d say messy although I hate it when it’s messy but there’s always a point where it gets too much and I’m physically not able to tidy up as I don’t know where to start and that’s when my surroundings tend to get REALLY messy and I literally need help.
56. What’s the first thing you do each morning?
Checking my phone to see if it’s time to get up already
57. What do you have for breakfast?
Eggs, yogurt with fruit, avo on toast, muesli or pancakes.
58. What’s the last thing you do before you go to bed?
Scrolling twitter and freaking out why I scrolled twitter for two hours
59. What’s one skill you wish you had?
Either playing the piano or drawing
60. What’s your favourite pizza?
The last one I ate was with carpaccio, parmesan and rocket and was amazing!
61. Describe your ideal man in three words?
Loyal, trustworthy & fun.
62. Who was the last person you talked to on the phone?
63. At what age were your happiest.
I had an amazing childhood so I’d say around 3-7, maybe.
64. What’s the last thing you ate?
65. Where do you go when you need to be alone?
I like to walk around my city and maybe have a coffee in a little cafe somewhere.
66. What’s the biggest thing on your mind right now?
Uni. I really want to ace the next semester..
67. What’s the best activity to do at home on a rainy day?
Getting your shit together, tidying and cleaning, organising your planner, pampering, watching a movie while drinking a nice cuppa. I love rainy days!
68. What are you listening to right now?
I’m at work at the moment and since I work at a radio station, I’m listening to the radio.
69. On a scale of 1-10, how happy are you with life right now?
70. What’s the weirdest thing you’ve ever eaten?
I don’t really think of food as weird.. not foods I’ve eaten at least..
71. Starter or dessert?
I’m not choosing, are you crazy?
72. Is there a dessert you don’t like?
I don’t think there is.
73. What is the furthest you have been from home?
Well, I applaud you if you made it so far and hope you enjoyed getting to know me a little bit better.
If you have any further questions feel free to leave them in the comments or tweet me